Earned Income Tax – Companies

Employer withholding for tax years 2011 and prior only. 2012 and forward should be filed with HA Berkheimer.

Earned Income Tax Form 501

Earned Income Tax Form W-1

Earned Income Tax Form W-3

Form for Changes/Corrections to Tax Information or for Business Termination

Under the existing legislation which applies to the City of Scranton, it is mandatory that an employer located within our boundaries withhold tax payments for all residents and non-residents of Scranton and remit these withholdings to the Collector of Taxes for the City of Scranton. It is therefore illegal for an employer within our boundaries to remit withholdings for non-residents to any collector other than the Collector of Taxes for the City of Scranton.

a. Withhold 3.4% for all Scranton residents
b. Withhold 1.0% for all non-residents

These amounts are to be withheld and remitted on a semi-monthly, monthly or quarterly basis – according to the schedule explained in your blue booklet. PLEASE SEE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROPER FILING BELOW. At the end of every year, the employer must supply the Scranton Single Tax Office with a year-end reconciliation (Form W3), W2 information for all employees including name, address, Social Security number, gross wages and amount of earned income tax withheld and all 1099M forms issued by your company. (Actual W2 forms, print-outs or magnetic filings are acceptable – see specs.) This information is due to the Scranton Single Tax Office by February 28.